Effective Date: March 1, 2020.
MLC is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our Website and those with whom we do business. We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this Website, and will only collect and use personal information in ways that are described, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
A. Use of our Website
If we become aware that you are under the age of Majority and are attempting to or have submitted personal information via the Website, we will not accept such information and we will take steps to remove such information from our records. This may involve us having to access and verify your age and other relevant details.
1. What information we collect about you and why;
2. How we use information about you;
3. How your information may be shared;
4. How we store and process information about you;
5. When and how we communicate with you;
6. How long we may keep personal information about you;
7. How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us;
9. Information over the Internet and other websites;
10. Offensive or inappropriate content;
11. Legal disclaimer;
12. How to contact us;
1. What information we collect about you and why:
We may collect two types of information: personally identifiable information (“PII”) and information that is not personally identifiable (“Non PII”). Please note that you may visit the Website without revealing any PII.
A. What PII Do We Collect?
• When you sign up for our mailing list, we ask for information such as your first name, last name, and email address. We may also acquire your Internet protocol address and/or mobile device identification, which certain jurisdictions consider to be PII because it could be used to identify an individual or device if it were combined with other identifying information.
• We may capture user information when users send us questions or comments via e-mail. Information collected in this manner will only be used to contact the user and/or respond to the user’s inquiry/issue. Sending us an e-mail will not enroll you on our e-mail list unless you specifically request it.
• We take reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of your personally identifiable information by using industry recognized security safeguards such as site monitoring, secured networks and servers, firewalls and/or encryption. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information within industry standards, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
• We may also obtain your personal information through your use of social media and/or other websites such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, depending on your settings or the privacy policies of these websites. To change your settings on these services, please refer to their respective privacy notices.
B. What Non PII Do We Collect?
• Some of the information that we acquire cannot identify, distinguish or trace you or your device, even if combined with other identifying information, and some information that could be considered PII when combined with other identifying information is not used in a way that identifies, distinguishes or traces you or your device, but is instead used in an anonymous way, often aggregated with other anonymous information about other users.
• If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer choose to use our services or the Website, you can contact us at PrivacyPolicy@TheMLC.com.
2. How we use information about you:
A. We may use the PII we collect in the following ways:
• to contact users with updates and relevant information about our services because they have signed up to do so through our Website. If you would no longer like to receive emails or other communications from us, please refer to the “How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us” Section below;
• to provide users with personalized outreach, news, events and other relevant information;
• to quickly process user requests for information and to allow us to respond efficiently to user questions;
• to monitor Website statistics;
• to respond to or satisfy legal requirements, such as a court order, a subpoena, or a law enforcement agency’s or other public agency’s request;
• to help prevent the instigation of a crime, to help facilitate an investigation related to public safety, to help protect the safety of a child using our Website, to help protect the security or integrity of our Website, or to enable us to take precautions against liability;
• to provide information to service providers or such companies who provide support for the operations of our Website and who do not use or disclose the information for any other purpose; and
• to allow us to disclose your information to the extent permitted by law.
• to disclose your information to the extent permitted by law.
3. How your information may be shared:
Except as set forth below, we do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise transfer to third parties our users’ PII. That being said, in the following situations, we may share PII with outside parties:
• Website Consultants, Vendors and Service Providers. We may disclose personal information to third party consultants, vendors and service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, maintenance and remedial and repair services) to the extent that they require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to service us and the Website;
• As Otherwise Allowed by Law. We may transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so;
• Aggregated Information. We may aggregate information that you provide with information provided by other individuals in such a manner that the information is not personally identifiable to you, and we may transfer that aggregated information to third parties;
• With your express consent.
4. How we store and process information about you:
This Website is hosted in the United States. Information that we collect from you will be stored, used and processed by The MLC in the United States or one of our service providers based in the United States or outside of the United States.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES TREAT YOUR INFORMATION IN A MANNER THAT MAY BE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT FROM, AND LESS PROTECTIVE THAN, THE TREATMENT REQUIRED UNDER THE LAWS OF OTHER COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED TO THE UNITED STATES, YOU SHOULD NOT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH US, OR MAKE USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LAW OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO REQUIRE US TO TREAT YOUR IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF ANY COUNTRY OR JURISIDICTION OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES. HOWEVER, THE FOREGOING WAIVER MAY NOT BE LEGALLY BINDING IN SOME COUNTRIES, SUCH AS THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION. TO THE EXTENT IT IS NOT LEGALLY BINDING IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, THIS FOREGOING WAIVER DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
5. When and how we communicate with you:
We may use the information we collect to contact you by email. You can unsubscribe from our communications by sending an email to PrivacyPolicy@TheMLC.com.
6. How long we will hold personal information about you
We will hold personal information about you on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, subject to any applicable laws and/or regulations.
7. How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us:
You can unsubscribe from our communications by sending an email to PrivacyPolicy@TheMLC.com. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
We use one or more third-party analytics services (such as Google Analytics on the Website) to evaluate your use of the Website, compile reports on activity (based on their collection of IP addresses, Internet service provider, browser type, operating system and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, data and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website you visit, number of links clicked, search terms and other similar usage data), and to analyze performance metrics.
9. Information over the Internet and other Websites
The Internet is a global network and, therefore, there are times when information about you travels globally and may not always be completely secure. If you provide us with information over the Internet, you do so at your own risk. By using the Website, you agree and authorize us to process information in this way. However, please be assured that we use commercially reasonable procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access to information about you.
10. How to contact us
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please contact us at PrivacyPolicy@TheMLC.com with any questions or comments you may have regarding the privacy of your information.
4322 Harding Pike, Suite 417 - PMB #77
Nashville, TN 37205
Copyright © 2020 The Mechanical Licensing Collective. All Rights Reserved.